Monday 6 October 2014

RBS branches go back to their roots.

I was recently invited to go along to my local RBS branch to meet with the staff and their area manager to discuss the future of RBS branches when they separate from the RBS group under the old name, that I remember from many years ago, of Williams and Glyn. They laid on some snacks and some wine, which unfortunately I could have as I was driving, and we spent a couple of hours discussing the future of the RBS branches as they broke away and went back to what some of us there remembered as the good old bank that we had joined many years ago. One person even had even brought along an old Williams and Glyn cheque book.

Back then, Williams and Glyn was a well respected, forward thinking bank that dared to be different and, if the discussions we had that evening were anything to go by, that is what it is returning to. They didn't just tell us what they had in mind going forward, they also asked us what we would like to see from the new Williams and Glyn bank. I was so impressed that I have also signed up to be a part of future discussions, whether that be face to face or via telephone surveys and online forums.

Now any one that knows me will tell you that I don't like surveys at the best of times, but this is different, it's not everyday that you get the opportunity to be a part of shaping the future of your own bank?

No comments:

Post a Comment